- Offered chain free and ready to move straight in to
- Family bathroom on the ground floor and, WC to bedroom three
- Detached single garage with electric door
- Oil fired CH and uPVC double glazing throughout
- New wood burner and flue installed
- Cottage has been treated/painted through Homeshield LTD with a 15 year guarantee
- Easy maintenance newly landscaped garden, with new fence
- Three bedrooms. One bedroom, one dressing room and one office with WC
- Approximately 156 years old
Lilac Cottage is a detached cottage, in a popular village location of Weybread, close to the market town of Harleston.
It offers ample off road parking on the newly laid resin bound driveway and access to the detached single garage.
Welcoming you through the front door, you have the spacious entrance hallway, with doors accessing all ground floor accommodation. The hallway has a tiled floor with stairs leading to the first floor and space for hanging coats.
To the left you have the triple aspect sitting room/dining room which is a cosy room, overlooking the front aspect with a newly installed multi fuel burner, on a tiled hearth that is housed in the attractive brick fireplace. There is a cupboard under the stairs for storage and is also where the electric metres are located. The electrics were inspected in November 2019, and a new consumer unit installed.
The kitchen is well fitted with a range of matching 'shaker style' wall and base units with woodblock effect work top. There is an integrated electric cooker and ceramic hob, extractor fan, dishwasher and further space for appliances are available. From the kitchen there is a door leading straight out to the rear garden.
The bathroom on the ground floor comprises of a bath, with new mixer taps and hand shower attachment, new power shower, toilet and basin with new taps. There is underfloor heating in this bathroom.
Upstairs, on the first floor you are welcomed to all the rooms. Bedroom one is a double room with views over the front aspect, built in cupboards with a cast iron feature fireplace. Bedroom two is currently used as a dressing room, it has been fitted with shelving and rails. Bedroom three is a single room, currently used as an office and has been fitted with a desk and a WC and vanity unit has been installed in here.
Outside, there is ample off road parking on the resin bound driveway to the front, and access to the detached single garage with an electric garage door. The garage is also used as a utility room, with plumbing/space for appliances such as the washing machine and tumble dryer and also the worktop. There is space in the loft of the garage for further storage.
The rear garden to the side has been landscaped for easy maintenance, with slate/patio stones and a newly installed fence and wood store. The timber shed is accessible and great for storage, as well as access to the oil tank.
Offered chain free and ready to move straight in to, this character cottage is one to view!
LOCATION The property is located in Weybread, a rural village, close to the bustling market town of Harleston. Nestled in the beautiful Waveney Valley on the old coaching route from London to Great Yarmouth, Harleston is a vibrant market town, filled with historic buildings, a beautiful church and plenty of character around every corner you turn. With good local schooling here, as well as in Stradbroke and Bungay the town further boasts an impressive array of independent shops, doctor's surgery, post office, chemist, delicatessen and several coffee shops. There is also a popular Wednesday market with free parking and the town of Diss, just a 15 minute drive away, boasts a direct train line to London Liverpool Street in 100 minutes.
SERVICES Mains water, drainage and electricity are connected. Heating is provided for by way of oil fired central heating and was last serviced in Feb 2022, next service being arranged. There is a multi fuel stove located in the sitting room. The electrical wiring was al checked in 2019. (Durrants has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fittings or services and so cannot verify they are in working order).
LOCAL AUTHORITY Mid Suffolk Council - Tax band D
VIEWING Strictly by appointment with the agent's Halesworth office. Please call 01986 872 553.
DURRANTS BUILDING CONSULTANCY Our Building Consultancy Team will be happy to provide advice to prospective buyers on planning applications, architectural design, building regulations, and project management - please contact the team directly.
VENDOR NOTES Since the vendor has owned the property, she has had numerous works carried out. Such as:
- Garden all landscaped for easy maintenance - with slate and patio stone
- New resin bound driveway
- New fence installed
- The exterior of the cottage has all been treated and painted through Homeshield Ltd (with a 15 year guarantee)
- Whole interior of the house has been decorated
- New multi fuel burner and flue installed
- Bedroom three/office has had a cloakroom installed and bespoke fitted desk
- Bedroom two/dressing room has been fitted out with rails/shelves etc.
- New lights everywhere (fitted & shades)
- New alarm system installed (ADT monitored)
- New power shower unit, new bathroom sink and bath mixer taps and shower
- Garage loft half boarded and lights installed. Shelving and workshop installed
- Wood shed added
- New carpets in the sitting room/stairs and landing