The country seems divided over the forthcoming lifting of Covid restrictions. Whilst some are delighted and keen to return to life as normal, others are approaching this next step with an element of trepidation as the media, once again, reports daily increases in Coronavirus cases.
The Test and Trace system is doing its job, but several local businesses are suffering disruption to their service levels as more and more of their staff are contacted and requested to self-isolate.
Here at Durrants the safety of our clients and staff remains paramount and we pride ourselves on the high level of service we offer our clients. We feel that relaxing our Covid-19 procedures at this stage would not be appropriate and therefore we would like to take this opportunity to remind you of the safety measures we have in place for property viewings.
Guidance for Buyers
Whilst each request will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis, an overview of these guidelines are:
- Our staff will ask all prospective viewers, prior to arranging a viewing, whether they are experiencing any symptoms of Covid–19 or are self-isolating. If a prospective viewer, or anyone in their household, is experiencing symptoms they will not be able to view.
- Viewings are only able to be carried out by appointment and no open house viewings should take place.
- Viewers will be expected to bring their own PPE. Our staff will also be wearing PPE. If a viewer arrives without necessary PPE then our staff or the vendor will not be able to carry out the viewing.
- Viewers are asked to avoid touching surfaces within the property.
- Viewers are asked to restrict the number of people that accompany them on the viewing. You are only able to view with members of your immediate household.
- Social distancing rules are to be followed at all times.
- We will aim for all viewings to take no longer than 20 minutes to minimize risk.
- When booking, you will be sent a full list of the procedures put in place.
Guidance for Sellers
Our staff will ask you prior to arranging an appointment whether you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid–19 or are self-isolating. If you or anyone in your household, is experiencing symptoms we will not be able to carry out the appointment. Viewers will also be asked the above prior to arranging a viewing.
Durrants will ask you to;
- ensure all surfaces, such as door handles, are cleaned with standard household cleaning products and towels disposed of safely or washed as appropriate, prior to and post, the appointment.
- open all internal doors and cupboards prior to the appointment.
- where possible, vacate the property for the viewing and if not possible, keep a minimum two metre distance from both Durrants staff and viewers.
- Durrants staff will attend the viewing wearing PPE.
- We will aim for all viewings to take no longer than 20 minutes to minimise risk.
- Durrants will have sent out guidance prior to the appointment to the viewers to ask them to:
– Wear PPE to the viewing
– Attend the viewing with the minimum amount of people possible
– Not touch any surfaces in the property
– To follow social distancing guidelines throughout the appointment.