LOCATION The site is located on the southern side of the market town of Harleston adjoining existing residential development to the north and west and the town's industrial estate to the east. To the south is the adjoining Spirketts Lane with land designated also for residential development beyond.
The town has a population of about 5,000 and is served by a vibrant shopping centre and favoured with doctors, dentist and veterinary surgeries, schools to GCSE level and a thriving sports centre.
- The city of Norwich 20 miles
- Heritage Coastline at Southwold 20 miles
- Diss 10 miles with mainline rail link to London. - Waveney Valley immediately to the South
DESCRIPTION 1. The site being offered for sale comprises 8.19ac (Land Registry titles NK322140 and NK379970) of designated residential development land identified in the current South Norfolk Local Plan under Policy HAR4.
2. Planning Policy HAR4 is reproduced in the Planning Information Pack together with the Pre-Planning application and response which will be made available to all prospective purchasers. A typical indicative site layout is reproduced in these particulars identifying various salient points:
- Location of main foul drain through to Willow Walk
- Public footpath FP25 running north south through the site
- Adjoining overhead 11kv lines to the east - Location of access onto Spirketts Lane
- Tree Preservation Order SN093 A detailed topographical survey has been undertaken together with investigation in respect of various services, infiltration testing and drainage strategy.
No outline or detailed planning application has been made for the site and it is therefore recognized that the prospective purchaser will wish to take a conditional contract with completion of the purchase delayed until planning permission is secured.
3. Policy HAR4 indicates the site is allocated for 95 homes.
SERVICES Anglian Water Pre-Planning Assessment Report and subsequent correspondence 2018 indicated:
- Potable Water in Spirketts Lane.
- Foul Drainage connection on site (there is a main currently in place).
- Surface Water - on site attenuation and outfall in Willow Walk
Telecoms: Spirketts Lane.
Gas: Spirketts Lane. Electricity: 11kv cables adjacent to the development site. On site substation envisaged.
See Information Pack.
LOCAL AUTHORITY South Norfolk Council, South Norfolk House, Cygnet Court, Long Stratton, Norwich, Norfolk, NR15 2XE.
DIRECTIONS From the Market Place travel south along London Road and take the second left into Shotford Road. After about 100m turn left into Spirketts Lane and the site will be found on the left hand side after a further 100m.
VIEWING Anytime during daylight hours with particulars in hand.
Durrants Commercial, 32-34 Thoroughfare, Harleston, Norfolk, IP20 9AU
Tel: 01379 851038 Email: [email protected]