The property is situated just off the central retail New Market with road connections from Station Road and Smallgate via Exchange Square. This is a predominantly shopping Thoroughfare with busy road frontage leading through to the Quay and the Station.
Beccles has a population of around 10,000 and is expanding with projected 1,500 new houses to be built under the Local Plan proposals. Beccles is an important Market Town in the Waveney River Valley. The river has a direct connection with the Broads Waterway system and is tidal at Beccles. Beccles has an excellent range of independent shops with high occupancy rate and is probably one of the most attractive towns in North Suffolk. As one might expect there are schools for all age groups, dentists, veterinary and medical practices.
Norwich 18 miles with mainline rail link to London Liverpool Street. Ipswich 40 miles with its rail connection to Beccles via the Lowestoft line.
The property comprises The Fish Monger at Number 4 operating for 6 years with a frontage onto Smallgate and rear pedestrian access. The proposal is that the buyer will acquire the freehold as a part let investment and part with vacant possession (see possession later)
Metered electricity, metered water supply (shared with number 2) and foul drainage (shared with number 2). No gas. (Durrants have not tested any apparatus, equipment, fittings or services and so cannot verify they are in working order)
The owners have not elected to charge VAT on the property and therefore this will not be added to the purchase price.
East Suffolk Council, East Suffolk House, Station Road, Melon, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP12 1RT
Tel: 0333 016 2000
The property is listed Grade II and located in the Conservation and Primary Shopping Areas.
1. The property is currently let on a 1954 Landlord & Tenant Act lease from 1st August 2016 with a three year term with internally repairing obligations at £550pcm (£6,600pa). The tenant currently holds over.
2. Note the tenancy covers the two shop areas (see plan). The store kitchen and rear yard is not within the existing tenancy and will be sold with vacant possession.
3. A copy of the existing tenancy can be emailed to prospective purchasers subject to a confidentiality agreement.
1. A bin storage area will be allocated in the rear yard for the use of the property.
2. A rear pedestrian access will be granted from Smallgate via the walkway on the south side of No. 2 through to the property without maintenance obligations
On leaving the agents Beccles office on foot turn left along Station Road. Take the first right and the property will be found on the right hand side.
Strictly by arrangement with the agents Commercial Office.
Durrants Commercial, 32-34 Thoroughfare, Harleston, Norfolk, IP20 9AU
Tel: 01379 851038. Email: [email protected]