- Period Town Residence
- Superb Established Garden
- Stunning Views
- Well Proportioned Accommodation
- Single Garage
- Town Centre Location
- No Onward Chain
- House of Historic Note
Park Villa, as it was named originally was built in 1833 as a two storey house with a third floor being added by a John Eustace Grubbe in the 1850's. In 1939 the house was requisitioned by the military authorities and during the war years suffered damage from the servicemen wearing nailed boots. In 1949 the house was sold at auction, the third floor was removed & the building divided vertically into three separate dwellings, hence the name The Middle House. The property was bought by the late owners, Jack Storer, OBE & his wife Margaret in 1976 & they lived very happily there until their recent passing. During these years it was a much loved family home.
The house originally included a two storey separate house known as 'The Maids Sitting Room' which was located on what is now the patio and included a passageway linking it to the current dining room.
The layout of this grand house works well with a superb south facing drawing room and conservatory. To the front is a dining room, kitchen & useful utility room with separate external access. A cloakroom completes the ground floor accommodation. On the first floor is a light & spacious double aspect master bedroom with wonderful views to the rear & an en-suite shower room. To the north & east is a good size guest bedroom with views along Park Lane. Two further bedrooms and a family bathroom complete the first floor accommodation. Some original features remain including the wonderful Georgian style windows, some with shutters and a beautiful parquet floor in the drawing room.
A beautiful established garden is accessed directly from the conservatory and includes a patio & a path through the grounds leading out onto Skilmans Hill. To the right of the adjoining house is a good size single garage.
The Middle House is entering another chapter in its life and is looking for the next custodian to make it into their much loved home.
Situated in arguably one of the best locations in the historic coastal town of Southwold, the property is within easy reach of the many facilities within Southwold and is only a minutes' walk to the beach. Southwold has a wide range of facilities that include good shopping, a golf course, a pier and sailing club. There are good transport links with a railway station at both Halesworth and Darsham with services to London Liverpool Street Station via Ipswich.
SERVICES Mains services are connected. (Durrants has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fittings or services and so cannot verify they are in working order).
VIEWING Strictly by appointment with the agent's Southwold Office.
LOCAL AUTHORITY East Suffolk Council.
DURRANTS BUILDING CONSULTANCY Our Building Consultancy Team will be happy to provide advice to prospective buyers on planning applications, architectural design, building regulations, and project management - please contact the team directly on 01379 646603.