We are delighted to invite you to a special event of interest to the farming community. This seminar takes place at Cedars Hotel on Needham Road in Stowmarket.
The evening will be chaired by Brian Bale, agricultural partner based in Halesworth, and will include the following presentations:-
• Hamish Lampp, principal planner at Durrants, will outline the planning approvals process governing the conversion of farm buildings to residential use. There is now much greater flexibility in the regulations and Hamish will provide an insight into how councils are interpreting the rules, the ways in which they can be navigated and the costs involved in the approvals process.
• Richard Prentice, director at Durrants, will provide an overview of practical issues which may arise as a result of the scheme, together with comments regarding valuation and marketing.
• Andrew Miller and Liz Hill, tax consultants at Lovewell Blake, will consider the likely tax and VAT consequences arising from the retention of any converted buildings, within the existing ownership, either inside or outside of any business activities, or arising from any subsequent sale.
• Mark Hawes, agricultural manager at Barclays will give a brief run through of short and long term lending considerations for these types of projects.
The presentation will be followed by a buffet at approximately 8.45 pm.
We envisage this will be a popular event and in order to assist with catering could you please book your place via one of the following options:
• Telephone Maria Cumbers at Durrants on 01379 646602
• Email Maria Cumbers at Durrants on email@example.com